Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM
Well, speaking as the artist, I say: to hell with the artist! Smile

Personally, I don't care that your version is different from mine, because it convinces me nonetheless. This is a classic demonstration of how two mixes of the same production can be equally compelling. Where I chose to make the song more a kind of duet between bass and vocal/viola, with the strings and sound effects occupying a more textural role, you've reined in the bass madness and made something beautifully syrupy out of the strings that I'd never have conceived. Good work! As Digitaldruglord's already commented, I'd suggest trusting your instincts, because that's what artists are most likely to come to you for -- they already have their own instincts! You clearly have your own unique sense of mix vision here, and that's something to cherish.

My only 'revision request' if I had commissioned this version would be to give the mid-section (viola solo) more of a lift. For me the middle section is basically the emotional climax of the song, and maybe it's because I treated it so strongly that way in my version that I can't help feeling a bit let down when you treat that section in your mix as a bit of a 'moment of repose' instead. That said, someone coming to your mix fresh might not have a problem with that.

Still, it was a great listen -- thanks for posting!

Mike S.

Messages In This Thread
Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 28-01-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 29-01-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by Mike Senior - 30-01-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 30-01-2017, 10:18 AM