Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM
This is a good start. The first step I will advise you on is the drum work. Once you get the drums where you like, everything else more easily falls into place. If you notice any advice coming from me, I may suggest plugs that may be in Universal Audio, but alternatives to the suggested plugs can always be used:

On your drums in this song, give a LA2A leveling plugin a try and see if you like the results. Start with a preset that are labeled for drums to start, and tweak until you're familiar with the audible function of the LA2A effect on drums.

Another tip I'd give you is it seems you have a good grip on how to make mixing decisions, trust your ears and mixing instincts and don't focus on the technicality of your decisions.. do whatever sound good and trust your skills to get to what you want to hear. Once you're technically capable (as you are), as Bruce Sweden said famously, no one likes a record because you used a certain piece of gear or followed some mixing discipline.

Go for it, more of your great technical instincts and less technical mental adherence. The "pro mix" sound, develops the more and more you just keep mixing.. we all are continuing students in the art of attaining "pro mix" sound.. as long as technology evolve, so will this hobby of ours.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 28-01-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by Digitaldruglord - 29-01-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 29-01-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by Mike Senior - 30-01-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: Angelsaint MIX & MST by BKM - by BKM - 30-01-2017, 10:18 AM