Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterglow mix + master
How are the vocals? Is there too much bass? How's the EQ work overall? Is the soundstage too wide? Finally, is anything too quiet / loud in the track?

Thanks in advance!

.mp3    master1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

I like the effects you did the vocals on this. I plan on this being the next song I mix. I might take a few notes from you...

Sometimes the vocals are a little too loud though, and I think that's because you made them sound so ...floaty? Not sure what it is, but maybe ease up on the reverb. And yea, the soundstage of the vocals are also a little too big. It sounds good but it's not what people are used to so it could throw a lot of people off.

The instrumental was on point though. F'kn marvelous breh. Keep doing your thing man.
Producer at Heart, Engineer by Trade

"Show Me Your Best"

RodnieKing.com
Spotify

(27-02-2017, 09:08 AM)rodniekingmusic Wrote: I like the effects you did the vocals on this. I plan on this being the next song I mix. I might take a few notes from you...

Sometimes the vocals are a little too loud though, and I think that's because you made them sound so ...floaty? Not sure what it is, but maybe ease up on the reverb. And yea, the soundstage of the vocals are also a little too big. It sounds good but it's not what people are used to so it could throw a lot of people off.

The instrumental was on point though. F'kn marvelous breh. Keep doing your thing man.

Thank you so much!
Answering your questions....

"How are the vocals? "
They are out tempo (it looks like are coming a litle bit early) and that sounds awful, The tonal balance is pretty well done.

"Is there too much bass?"
No, The lows in the drums are quite good, but the relationship between bass and drums is kinda bad the lows from the bass are too quiet (level wise) compared to the lows from the drums.

"How's the EQ work overall?"
very good, the only thing is you over did the drums (but maybe it's just personal taste).

"Is the soundstage too wide?"
No, maybe could be a little bit wider with some panning job.

"is anything too quiet / loud in the track?"
En general terms you've done a really good balance, but, the vocal effects are too loud, they're not mudding the track but they're distracting.

It's an honest opinion, overall it's a good job, keeping up, mate!!!