Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Still Flyin mix by MArk Ronins
Hey All! Check this out)

.mp3    The Apprehended - StillFlying.mp3 --  (Download: 10.56 MB)

Hey Mark.
Here's a list of things I noticed with the mix:
- It needs more low end. It just sounds s bit dull
- Try rebalancing all the instruments. lower the vocals and the kick a little and raise the guitars and the bass
- Try and work on you stereo panning there are some elements like the lead guitars and some of the vocal tracks that you could pan to make to make the mix more interesting. currently it's a bit too focused on the middle
- The Kick drum is a bit boxy in the mids, a bit of cutting might help (400hz, to 700hz is usually a good place to start just sweep around)
- The vocals are nice and bright, although a little unbalanced and too loud
- The screaming part is misplaced, it's supposed to start earlier
- The whole mix is a bit dry try working with the room sound for the drums and add a bit more reverb to elements like the snare, maybe even a bit of reverb on the master

Keep it up, man. This song is not easy to mix.
Thanks a lot!! I'll try)

(26-01-2017, 06:18 PM)BlondPanda Wrote: Hey Mark.
Here's a list of things I noticed with the mix:
- It needs more low end. It just sounds s bit dull
- Try rebalancing all the instruments. lower the vocals and the kick a little and raise the guitars and the bass
- Try and work on you stereo panning there are some elements like the lead guitars and some of the vocal tracks that you could pan to make to make the mix more interesting. currently it's a bit too focused on the middle
- The Kick drum is a bit boxy in the mids, a bit of cutting might help (400hz, to 700hz is usually a good place to start just sweep around)
- The vocals are nice and bright, although a little unbalanced and too loud
- The screaming part is misplaced, it's supposed to start earlier
- The whole mix is a bit dry try working with the room sound for the drums and add a bit more reverb to elements like the snare, maybe even a bit of reverb on the master

Keep it up, man. This song is not easy to mix.