Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Atrophy (All tracks mixed with analog EQ/COMP) || Mix - ANALOG SUMMING
Hello!
This is my second mix and mastering of this great song!
I hope you like it!!!!!

.mp3    Atrophy (RogerAlmeida Mix:Master) 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.04 MB)

Hi Roger, I'm noticing with your mix that is the low end on the toms is really flubby sounding, using a gate on them would tighten them up abit. I also found that highpassing the toms at 80 Hz also helped and made the low end tighter. At first your mix seemed really scooped but in actuality it's just the vocals a more sibilant in the mix, your bass tone is really awesome I really like how it growls through the mix!

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I agree with DCP, if the toms boom were a bit more contained, and I'll also make the suggestion here, find a mastering De-Esser for the head of the mastering chain and this is another great sounding post.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(25-01-2017, 04:04 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Hi Roger, I'm noticing with your mix that is the low end on the toms is really flubby sounding, using a gate on them would tighten them up abit. I also found that highpassing the toms at 80 Hz also helped and made the low end tighter. At first your mix seemed really scooped but in actuality it's just the vocals a more sibilant in the mix, your bass tone is really awesome I really like how it growls through the mix!

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug

Thank you very much, Doug!
I did the suggested corrections and replaced the previous file. I'm very grateful for your advice. I hope you like the new audio!
(25-01-2017, 04:23 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: I agree with DCP, if the toms boom were a bit more contained, and I'll also make the suggestion here, find a mastering De-Esser for the head of the mastering chain and this is another great sounding post.

Thank for comment, man! I did the suggested corrections and replaced the previous file. I hope you like it!
Dude, incredible results!!!! The world should open up for you with your work now Smile
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(27-01-2017, 01:50 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Dude, incredible results!!!! The world should open up for you with your work now Smile

Big Grin
You have a nice mix, but man, every ess is now an eth. I understand why you de-essed, but I think you hit it too hard.

There also seems to be a buildup of mids in the guitars during the harder sections.

Nice work, but you can get a bit more out of it, I think.

Draper
New Mix.
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=20933

Hey RogerAlmeida,

This is a nice mix of a rocking song, I'm loving the drums.

Cheers!