Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About This Multitrack
You can find the multitrack files for this project in the 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library.

Before posting a mix, please read The Three Commandments!
Please post your mix as a new thread, rather than as a reply to this sticky.

Here's some more project info you might find useful:
  • About The Raw Multitracks:
    • The drums are from a software instrument, and the virtual mic signals comprise: stereo overheads; stereo room; spill-less mono 'close-mics' for kick, snare (over, under), and hi-hat; and a spill-less stereo submix of tom 'close-mics'.
    • The bass guitar is provided as a DI signal.
    • There are three guitar parts. Two mono tracks provide amplified rhythm, while the third track is a clean amp solo, with stereo effects printed in.
    • Six stereo synth tracks complete the backing track.
    • There are three lead-vocal tracks: a single verse line, and a double-tracked chorus part.
  • Challenges You're Likely To Face:
    • Neither the kick nor the snare 'close-mic' tracks sound very good.
    • You can't mix software drums in the same way you'd expect to mix real multitracked drum parts.
    • Many of the synth and guitar tracks include different musical parts for different sections, so one set of processing may struggle to cope with the conflicting demands of these sections.
    • The vocal sounds are all rather muffled, and the tuning droops significantly during the choruses in particular.
    • The long-term dynamics of a track like this can be quite difficult to manage, because of the need to keep the vocals upfront and the chorus sounding impressive each time it arrives.
  • Some Mixing Tips:
    • Remember that you can easily replace any of the close-mic signals with samples without serious phase implications, because of the spill-less nature of the software drum signals.
    • This is a mix where multing is tremendously useful. I multed almost all the guitar and synth parts for the preview mix, for example -- some of them more than once. The verse and chorus vocals, of course, are on separate tracks already, so make sure you take advantage of the opportunity to process them independently.
    • Automating your effects levels is a very useful way of improving long-term dynamics on this particular project.
    • I remixed this song for Sound On Sound's February 2009 'Mix Rescue' column, which not only shows how I approached this multitrack myself in practice, but also includes a selection of audio files demonstrating the effects of some of my processing decisions.

If you have any other general questions about this multitrack, just reply to this post and I'll see what I can do.
OMG. it's so beautifull) pls!!! give me your mix in mp3))