Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the Rain
I can't tell if the guitars are fake or not, but they are rough non the less.

I thought this song was well produced and processed and didn't require much of anything. I just tried to enhance the materail as best as I could.

Feedback is welcome.

Cheers.

.mp3    Pray for the Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hi Wesley

Thanks for mixing our track. I can assure you that all the guitars are real - some amp sims involved in places.

Liked your treatment of the vocals and the vocal delays, and the guitars sounded good too. My primary feedback would be regarding the drum balance. A few things in that regard: (a) the kick is relatively loud vs. the rest of the kit and song, (b) the toms (especially floor) have some resonance that needs taming and © overheads are a bit loud - if to taste, you may want to try removing some attack from the ride cymbal transient.

If you adressed these drums comments, I think it would be sounding good - thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas

If you adressed these drums comments, I think it would be sounding good - thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas

[/quote]

I really enjoyed this song because it has this nice euphoric vibe. Great feedback on the drums, I didn't realize how present they were in the mix till you said something. I think I already deleted the session folder for hard drive space on my computer. But, I may have saved the session to one of my external hard drives as well. I'll check and if that's the case, I make the adjustment.

Cheers.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1