Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
5OVEREIGNTY MIX
5OVEREIGNTY MIX

.mp3    Temporary Happiness.mp3 --  (Download: 11.38 MB)

Well I can comment on how this sounds on my KRK headphones.

This mix is a pretty interesting way to listen.
I get the feeling that I'm in front of a stage, which is not what I expect to hear, but kind of cool.
The center is kind of gentle and laid back, and the cymbals sound shiny and round on top, horns on left side are loud and robust.

It literally feels like I'm at giant concert, and I can imagine the superstar-singer and band are on the jumbotron, while 4 story mains on the side are feeding me the music. Maybe there was some m/s processing that makes me feel that?

So, I'm not sure what direction to go. Listening for a while it grows on me, I kind of like it. Leave it as is and its not really what people are used to hearing, so would they give a chance? If they would, maybe they could get used to it?

Because I have to mention... the instruments sound really good on their own. Every instrument has its own interesting sound, which is creating this heavy contrast and separation. Drums sound really cool, horns sound golden and real, the vocal has some actual unique character to it, that can maybe grow on the listener through repeated listens.

So that's what it sounds like on my headphones. Separated with contrast, and laid back center image, but also a nice sound once I get used to it. If that's what it sounds like on your end, then you are good. Hope that helps.