Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupines Mix!
Here's my attempt at the song no real mastering going on as I'm expecting to go change some stuff after some comments XD

.m4a    Sleep by the water.m4a --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Hey! Unfortunately I am not able to listen on my monitors right now but this is sounding pretty good on my computer speakers. Some notes:

Guitars sound nice, especially in the prechorus. The only guitar thing that sounds weird is the clean guitar in the first verse; seems a little loud compared to the L/R rhythm tracks and a little dry.

The drum SFX part at the beginning of the first chorus is too loud. I think that was intended as a more subtle effect. If it's too loud it distracts from the chorus.

Vocals seem just a little loud for my taste. Also the vocals on the verses seem just a little muddy.

Guitars seem loud in the bridge.

The screaming part at before the last chorus is way too loud.

The drums sound pretty good but I think it could use a little more of the room sound and a little more high end clarity on the snare.

Overall there are some nice tones here. The main thing is the levels of some of the parts, particularly the things I mentioned. Also, some effects and a little more work with EQ and compression will liven this mix up.