Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa (quick new year mix)
Happy new year guys..
quick one hour mix.

Update: enhanced solo and lower some low end on back vocals.

.mp3    Santa The Long Wait.mp3 --  (Download: 4.98 MB)

.mp3    Santa The Long Wait 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.98 MB)

Nice bright sounding mix Shul,

Great forward sounding vocals and overall reverbs.
The guitar solo could come forward a little I think, maybe not in volume so much but in tone, if that makes sense.

Well Done

(01-01-2017, 10:26 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice bright sounding mix Shul,

Great forward sounding vocals and overall reverbs.
The guitar solo could come forward a little I think, maybe not in volume so much but in tone, if that makes sense.

Well Done

Thank you dangerous

I boosted some 2k in the solo and also moved it to the center.. hope it sounds better.
Hey Shul
listening to version 2 sounds good ,I'm finding the bass and kick is a real challenge ,maybe a touch more definition with the bass and kick.

A cool trick I found on a tutorial to roll everything above say above 500 and listen for separation and definition with the instruments in the low frequencies (or walk outside and listen from another room lol ) and the same with the top end to listen just for any competing frequencies ( masking ) which sounds fine on your mix.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Really nice mix! You found place for everything. Great!
Thanks Don.. thanks Konop .. I appreciate the feedback Smile
Listened version 2. There are short moments when the lower mids seem a bit crowded, but nothing substantial. Very precise work and a good sound mix!
(22-01-2017, 06:10 PM)kapu Wrote: Listened version 2. There are short moments when the lower mids seem a bit crowded, but nothing substantial. Very precise work and a good sound mix!

That's true.. some times I get carried away with mids and low mids.. I suppose i don't like my mixes to sound thin and because of this I over do it sometimes.. but I agree it's sounding a bit muddy on the low midrange.

Thanks for the feedback Smile