painted skies: piers
hey!
this is my 3rd try mixing this song
ended up trowing everything i have in!
it's a Massey recording no doubt..

would love to hear points and tips!

thanks enjoy!

ori angel

.mp3    painted .mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

would love to hear points and tips!

thanks enjoy!

ori angel
[/quote]

The mix is crowded and everything sounds like its centered in the stereo field.
Compression on everything is overwhelming, there's no room for the mix to breathe.

Compression on overheads is the most notable, I would aviod compressing the overheads because it makes them sound washed out. But if you must compress the OH then I would use a multi band compressor sparingly.

I think you should take another stab at this and start by addressing those problem areas. This is a tough mix for anyone, so don't get discouraged. The more you mix the better it will get. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that "it can sound better", because it always can.

Best.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
[/quote]

The mix is crowded and everything sounds like its centered in the stereo field.
Compression on everything is overwhelming, there's no room for the mix to breathe.

Compression on overheads is the most notable, I would aviod compressing the overheads because it makes them sound washed out. But if you must compress the OH then I would use a multi band compressor sparingly.

I think you should take another stab at this and start by addressing those problem areas. This is a tough mix for anyone, so don't get discouraged. The more you mix the better it will get. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that "it can sound better", because it always can.

Best.

[/quote]

thanks!
listening after reading your comments i can hear what you mean..