Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape - Roots of Mankind
Let's give this a try Smile

The song was a blast, well recorded (except the nasty cut on drums few seconds in), lots of choices!

Happy to receive your feedback guys, lots of creative people here Smile
I'm new in the neighborhood, after years of lurking... great community!

Cheers!
Federico

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Roots of Mankind (revA).mp3 --  (Download: 11.14 MB)

Hey Federico!

Quite enjoyed your mix. The lead vox in the verse sounds little bit too reverby - wet to me. Though I totally understand that you need to fill the gaps in the verse with reverb tail, but don't know, maybe mono plate might help better?

That's my notes on your quite good mix. Well done!
Hi there ! I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer, and I originally mixed the album where this song is from.

Wow, vocals are VERY loud :p I really like the FX you used. Usually for this kind of music we like having the vocals just above the instruments.
I love the tone of your guitars and bass. My snare drum sound a bit thin for my taste. Maybe some samples could help ?

Anyway, it sounds very promising Smile Keep it up !
(27-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi there ! I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer, and I originally mixed the album where this song is from.

Wow, vocals are VERY loud :p I really like the FX you used. Usually for this kind of music we like having the vocals just above the instruments.
I love the tone of your guitars and bass. My snare drum sound a bit thin for my taste. Maybe some samples could help ?

Anyway, it sounds very promising Smile Keep it up !

Jesus, I was looking back at the project and now I feel like a noob.
I mistakenly deleted ONE automation point, and my vocal bus was 2dB louder than what it should be, so it may solve the issue Blush

I'll try to "enlarge" your snare, but I hate using samples, so I'll have to rape some EQs Big Grin

Thanks you guys for the feedback!
Happy new year everybody!
Vocals down, fatter snare, better gates on toms, hardened master limiter Big Grin

Hope you like it better!

Cheers
Federico

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Roots of Mankind (revB).mp3 --  (Download: 13.34 MB)