Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape, Roots Of Mankind mix 2
This was a challenge for me so so many guitars and some phasing issues,great track by the way guys,Happy new year to all.

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Roots Of Mankind.mp3 --  (Download: 13.35 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Roots Of Mankind mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.54 MB)

Well on the way Cudjoe,

Tonally is very good, just wondering if the drums are over powering in volume. The guitar parts are sounding a little lost and lacking in grunt, especially in the intro. Most noticeable listening at lower levels.

Hope this helpsSmile

Dave
Guitars are pretty buried for me. The effect on the male vocal is quite distracting and the level of it tends to overpower the female vocal. In the beginning, when the drummer hits tom 1 it tends to cause the snare to ring sympathetically. I would also spend some time polishing the guitars. The phasing is still intensely apparent. Don't be afraid to mute some of the mics in an attempt to get to the sound you have in mind. Also flip the phase on a couple of select mic tracks to double check your phasing, and maybe you'll find an option you may like. Cymbals are quite swishy and washy. I'm guessing you hi shelfed them pretty significantly?

Keep at it man
SPS
(26-12-2016, 11:34 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Well on the way Cudjoe,

Tonally is very good, just wondering if the drums are over powering in volume. The guitar parts are sounding a little lost and lacking in grunt, especially in the intro. Most noticeable listening at lower levels.

Hope this helpsSmile

Dave
Thanks you for that Dave i will do another mix.
(27-12-2016, 11:13 AM)Sonic_Particle Wrote: Guitars are pretty buried for me. The effect on the male vocal is quite distracting and the level of it tends to overpower the female vocal. In the beginning, when the drummer hits tom 1 it tends to cause the snare to ring sympathetically. I would also spend some time polishing the guitars. The phasing is still intensely apparent. Don't be afraid to mute some of the mics in an attempt to get to the sound you have in mind. Also flip the phase on a couple of select mic tracks to double check your phasing, and maybe you'll find an option you may like. Cymbals are quite swishy and washy. I'm guessing you hi shelfed them pretty significantly?

Keep at it man
SPS

Thanks for that i will post another mix.