Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - Mix by Andy Bonnar
UPDATE
The second track is the final one. I took some previous pointers I received about the bass and made adjustments. Also, I found that the verse guitars sounded weak, so I added subtle distortion and automated in some delay for depth. As well, I added subtle distortion to the vocals during the choruses.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This song was fun to mix. Problems I encountered; There was no actual kick track when I loaded up the raw files which wasn't hard to fix. I just hope it doesn't sound too artificial. The vocals were sung in a way that doesn't really suit the mix. They're kinda soft. Getting them to suit the mix was a challenge.

All feedback is welcome

.mp3    Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

.mp3    Actions!_Devil\'s Words 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

It's a good mix..

the only inconsistent thing i hear is the bass.. when it plays a certain note.. it resonates.. and then drops in volume bad when it's playing other notes... volume changes like that are not good at all. It sounds like it's there and then like it's not.

But you got a pretty good grasp of it. good job