Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete remix of the original reference mix of Burning Bridges
Here is what I came up with after hearing with a mastering mind set.

I used Ozone4
MS Eq, Exciter,Dynamic compressor and the maximizer not to increase volume but just to cut off peak.. volume is the same as the original file.

Eq i used to notch cut of around the 12k to smooth out that ride which was very bright and boosted low end on guitars.. this was for the sides channel. For the Mid channel I notched off a bass resonating freq. on 64hz and 150hz.. not too much, just enough to get rid of some of that resonance. I also boosted the 3k area for more intelligibility on vocals. (MS eq works like a charm because none of the "sides" of the track get as affected by this)

The exciter is from 144hz to around 1k. And i only did like a 1.2db boost here because it was mainly to beef those mids and give it a more analog energy. Personaly it feel it even gave it more depth.

Multiband was to control 8k and above peaks and compressed from 144hz and below to Boost that low end without getting the mix out of control.

Not that it needed all this.. but if I were to master a mix like this one this is what I would do. Lol not mastering engineer but is always good to mess with a mix you didn't do and see what you can polish and how.

.mp3    Burning Bridges_NEW Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Great mix .I like the second one more
Hi Blitzzz,
This is a very good song.
Overall I pick the new mix, but I agree with previous comments tha say that the kick sounds isolated from the drum kit. It sounds unnatural to me.
In both mixes the main vocal could be more clear. It seems it's competing with the guitars, specialy in the new mix in which the guitars have more mids.
I also didn't like the pitch effect on voice on the first chorus on 0:34.
I did my own mix of this amazing song, so please take a listen and tell me what you think about.
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=17475
Best regards.