Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned from the Zoo (December 2016)
An old song.

Forgive me if this is a sonic mess... I did a lil experiment to see how fast I could do this and how well I could make it sound in under an hour. I know there are some minor noise details to take care of but I think it sounds good enough. what do you think?

UPDATE: Fresh ears and some automation and got rid of noises in the back.

.mp3    encoreMix..mp3 --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

.mp3    encoreMix2..mp3 --  (Download: 10.04 MB)

Sounds good.
-I could use a more direct sounding snare. It's too roomy compared to everything else.
-The bass feels a little dominant. I think a little cut in the lower mids would open it up a bit and put it back in with the band without losing too much.
-There's a low end resonance/build up I hear in the vocals during the a cappella section at the end. I think it's mostly on the harmony vocals or maybe reverb. It's not a big deal at the end but may add some mud if it's there during the rest of the song.

Good job.
(17-12-2016, 02:55 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good.
-I could use a more direct sounding snare. It's too roomy compared to everything else.
-The bass feels a little dominant. I think a little cut in the lower mids would open it up a bit and put it back in with the band without losing too much.
-There's a low end resonance/build up I hear in the vocals during the a cappella section at the end. I think it's mostly on the harmony vocals or maybe reverb. It's not a big deal at the end but may add some mud if it's there during the rest of the song.

Good job.

Placed a sample to support the original for a more solid snap on snare
I reference check on headphones and car stereo and it seemed to me the only dominant part was on the drop down where there is just bass and drums almost at the end... so I lowered it 2 db.
As for the resonance on back vox I killed some of it which was enhanced with reverb but.. this version should have less resonance.

for better or for worse first revision is done Smile