Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary Happiness - EKN Mix
Hi all,

I tried to make this song sound as if it was the love child of The Ramones and Tower Of Power Big Grin

I took the liberty to re-arrange the guitars' rythmic pattern in the verses to add some more variety to this (mostly) one-chord song, and because the verses sounded too cluttered for my taste.

Happy listening,
Erick

.mp3    Temporary Happiness - EKN Mix 01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.41 MB)

Nice full sounding mix Erick, Great drum sound... very dominating and strong.

I like your chopped up guitar work, although maybe a little bit overdone for my ears. I love the effect it has at the start of the verses, but starts to sound a little like it's missing in action by the end of the verses, if that makes sense. I still think it was an exercise well worth exploring, so for that, well done.

An enjoyable listen.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you for listening and leaving a comment.
I had the same feeling about something missing in some parts of the verses. I will try un-muting the guitars when the brass section is not playing.
Erick
Hi EKN I like your originality with the guitars as Dave said a bit overused, also I would like to hear more body on the snare imo,good mix though.
Hi Cudjoe,
Yes, I will reassess the muting of the guitars in my next version. As for the snare, I'll try your suggestion, but I'm generally found of tight snare sounds !
Cheers for the comment.
SOunds great to me, well balanced, everything in right place. GOod energy.

I wonder if the overall sound is a bit too bright. Symbals come throught pretty loud. If you can dial in some warmness little bit more, that might be a nice finish.