Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots Of Mankind
Hi all,

Great song and a LOT of guitars to choose from....

No replacements here. Spend quite some time getting the fundament to my liking.

.mp3    Root Of Mankind_Nucl.mp3 --  (Download: 13.15 MB)

Hi Nucleus ! (cool name by the way Wink ) I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer, and I mixed the album where this is from.

I really like the tone of the drums. You make them quite powerful. The cymbals are a bit harsh, especially the hi hats. Some low pass filter will definitively help to keep them calm.
The kick is hidden behind the other instruments. I believe you can scoop a lot of mids to help cut more.

Nice move on the pre chorus. I would recommend to make the echo more subtle, using EQ and delays and or reverb.

I love the tone of the guitars ! They sound very organic and real. Nice FX on them !

Keep it up !
(12-12-2016, 11:56 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi Nucleus ! (cool name by the way Wink ) I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer, and I mixed the album where this is from.

I really like the tone of the drums. You make them quite powerful. The cymbals are a bit harsh, especially the hi hats. Some low pass filter will definitively help to keep them calm.
The kick is hidden behind the other instruments. I believe you can scoop a lot of mids to help cut more.

Nice move on the pre chorus. I would recommend to make the echo more subtle, using EQ and delays and or reverb.

I love the tone of the guitars ! They sound very organic and real. Nice FX on them !

Keep it up !

Hi Mandubien,
Thanks for your feedback! Means a lot.

I will implement your suggestions in a new iteration. Will post when done.

Cheers

Hi,

Just changed some stuff based on the recommendations of Mandubien:

Decloacked the kick in the upper frequency range
Tamed the hats
Turned down the delay on the pre-chorus

Additional:
Some minor changes to the bass
Added some body to the male lead

Cheers

.mp3    Root Of Mankind_Nucl_14122017_L.mp3 --  (Download: 13.13 MB)

I really like the second version ! The kick is much better, and the hats are smooth.

Well done !