Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape mix
I had a lot of fun with this one, guitars summed etc.

.mp3    MIX3_MasteringBOX.mp3 --  (Download: 13.21 MB)

It sounds pretty good.
I like the drums and they sound great but they might be a little too "in your face". The kick in particular. But that's a matter of taste.

Nice bass tone and you did a good job riding it up when needed.

The "lead" guitars in the bridge (around 3:39) could be a bit more forward and maybe have some lows cleaned up.

I think the vocals might be getting outshined a bit though. When the first verse comes it feels tentative. Especially against the wall of sound of the rest of the track. There's a weird vocal thing at 1:58 when the alt vocal comes in.

It sounds awesome. Good work.
Hi! There seems to be some strong resonances or build up at 2.7 k and 4 k, perhaps tweak the guitars and/or overheads in that area a bit? Vocal sibilances are quite forward at 8k. I like the powerful roomy feel of drums, and the mix feels very convincing. Very good!
Hi Ron ! We had a short talk on our Facebook yesterday Wink Thank you for mixing our music.

I really like your mix, it's very punchy, kind the same approach I had when I mixed the album.
My main concern in your mix is the very low ends in the drums which are a bit undefined. It gives a lot of power in the kick, but the toms sound buried. Less reverb or maybe room in the drum could help perhaps.

I love the reverb and FX you used on the lead guitar during the break. We actually decided to get rid of the entire break to directly go to the outro. But you made it sound great !

Good job man, my favorite version so far Smile
Hi! I'm real glad to hear that!
The kick/snare combo was somewhat automated and definitely in the beginning it's a lil too overpowering.
I didn't clear up toms too much so there's definitely frequencies that don't need to be there.
Very nice Tool-ish vibe in the drums!