Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.I.N.D.: 'Funky To The Bone
W.I.N.D.: 'Funky To The Bone Mix

+Edit, thanks Simon!

.mp3    WIND-FunkyToTheBone-MIX.01_02.mp3 --  (Download: 15.37 MB)

.mp3    WIND-FunkyToTheBone-MIX.SSL.02_05.mp3 --  (Download: 15.37 MB)

Nice vocals and guitar tones. Bass and kick also seem well balanced and working together nicely. Great balance too between EG1 and final solo. EG2 seems either completely buried or not there at all.

snare sounds clear and HUGE.....the massive ambience of the snare seems a bit overdone at times. It sounds fine over the final solo but seems too much over the slide and vocals. This may be down to your automation.....or an opportunity for you to automate.

cheers, simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(09-12-2016, 04:47 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Nice vocals and guitar tones. Bass and kick also seem well balanced and working together nicely. Great balance too between EG1 and final solo. EG2 seems either completely buried or not there at all.

snare sounds clear and HUGE.....the massive ambience of the snare seems a bit overdone at times. It sounds fine over the final solo but seems too much over the slide and vocals. This may be down to your automation.....or an opportunity for you to automate.

cheers, simon
Thanks for listening, I will put another version on right now. with more of the EG2. Thanks!