Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Blues Shuffle
This was a fun one and pretty easy to settle into. This mix took shape nominally with groups packed into folders with busses assigned. Not much processing was done on a per track basis with the exception being the snare which was not the first choice I would have made for this song. I think I did OK with it though. The environment was only one in-line IR reverb using a big bottom room with a short decay. I think it worked well for the content and character of the song.

I left tons of head room on the mix and made up the gain in the mastering stage which was mid-sided with a phase coherent EQ, glued together with some (hopefully) transparent buss compression and a limiter to grab the peaks. This gave the tons of volume and lots of kick. As a result it is bright and snappy. I hope this is enjoyed and critiqued by the community. As always comments are prized and appreciated.

.mp3    Tommy Marcinek - Happy Blues.mp3 --  (Download: 4.84 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for your feedback. It's definitely bright. Could it be less bright? Or maybe the cymbals or hihat are a bit too forward? The mix itself sounds very solid, musical and convincing.
(08-12-2016, 02:53 PM)kapu Wrote: Thanks for your feedback. It's definitely bright. Could it be less bright? Or maybe the cymbals or hihat are a bit too forward? The mix itself sounds very solid, musical and convincing.

Kapu,
Thanks for your listen and feedback. I think I can get on board with the cymbals being a bit too present which can be easily dealt with. I did go for bright and snappy.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]