Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXXV - my version
Hi to everyone.
Here's my version of this song. I'm not really into mixing metal/grindcore, I did it few times, but I just wanted to experiment some extreme producing Big Grin
This song is very heavy so I tried to keep things pretty loud and with a discrete amount of punch.
Just let me know what you think about it.Smile

.mp3    XXXV.mp3 --  (Download: 5.53 MB)

Nice take on this one

Here are my observations
*snare is too loud
*Guitar tones are good but I would place more mids and a bit louder.. feel free to ignore as this is a taste thing
*Vocals sound good

I think the only thing here is that the snare is too loud.. that's it.. Good job!
Hey monitore!
This sounds pretty good! Nice and heavy kick. I think the vocals could use a little more work just getting them more leveled between the leads and backups. Compression only takes you so far. I had to automate a them a lot.
I disagree with Shul above me and think the snare is at a good place . It could actually be a bit louder at points, like during blasts. Automation helps here as well.
If you want to work on it some more I would recommend playing around with the bass sound. Try some distortion and some more mid-type sounds. It will help fatten the guitars and fill up the spectrum.

Good work! Smile