Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd rather be mixin' I'd Rather Be Drinkin'.
Hello,

This song definitely grew on me. I love blues songs that have morbid but funny lyrics: "Drive this mess right off the bridge, but there's nothing in the tank". Classic.

I did this mix fairly quick, at least fairly quick for me. I didn't correct any timing, probably out of laziness, but I figured a song about getting drunk and waking up at the crack of noon could afford to have some loose timing. No automation but I spend a decent amount of time on everything else. Not sure if my bass is too loud. I'm probably behind the ball with this post's timing, but if anyone catches it, hope you enjoy, and if you wanna trade a mix critique please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

.mp3    I\'d Rather Be Drinkin\' - Street Noise - MIx 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

just mixed this song too. i don't feel your bass is too loud. the bass i felt is the only instrument with the drums that plays continiously so i have it pretty loud as well. i personally didn't like the pianosound so much (think its an electric/plastic piano) so i kind of kept it in the back. i hear quite some compression happening in your mix (especially the drums and piano), maybe a little much? (low end souds a bit choked) i'll post my mix shortly, feedback appreciated!