Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots of Mankind Mix Revision 2
Thought i would take a shot at this song. Let me know what you think.

Edit-
I went back and reworked the drums and added a snare sample and kick sample.
Also did other various tweaks to everything else. I wanted the kick to hit harder but i'm not sure if it's too much or not.

Edit 2 -

Fixed some of the phasing issues with the guitars and tweaked quite a few other things. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - RootsOfMankind.mp3 --  (Download: 13.64 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - RootsOfMankind- Revision 1.mp3 --  (Download: 13.64 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - RootsOfMankind Revision 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.64 MB)

Hi

here are my thoughts
*Way too much Room track for the drums... those are always used subtle just to give space to the drums.
*The noise from the room track for drums is messing big time with guitar freq. and vocals.

I can give you further feedback but You would have to clean up that drum sound a bit more as is too sound confusing for me Smile
Keep it up.
Hi there !

As Shul said, it's veryyyyyyyy roomy and very distractive. You should start with a very balanced sound between each tracks before doing anything else.
Use reference tracks (Creed, Alter Bridge, some Dream Theater) to understand how the pros balance their tracks against each others.

Keep it up Smile
(04-12-2016, 07:54 AM)Shul Wrote: Hi

here are my thoughts
*Way too much Room track for the drums... those are always used subtle just to give space to the drums.
*The noise from the room track for drums is messing big time with guitar freq. and vocals.

I can give you further feedback but You would have to clean up that drum sound a bit more as is too sound confusing for me Smile
Keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback I definitely hear what you are saying. ill upload another try soon.