Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Temporary Happiness'
Here is my mix, hope you like.
Mixed in the box with Studio One 3 by Presonus, Waves plugins.

Any input??

Sergio

.mp3    Temporary Happiness.mp3 --  (Download: 11.53 MB)

Blanaces pretty good.

Vox sound is good.

I think you have cut too much attitude away from guitars. Now the mid area is a bit hollow.

Durms are maybe too much cymbals while the snare is a bit timid. Kick gives lonely sub area pumps. Kick feels somehow disconnected from the band.
It feels very "safe" and restrained. It sounds good but I don't know if it fits the track. If that makes sense. It loses some intensity. Like Olli said, the snare sounds timid but I think it applies to most of the track. It probably has too much bottom snare mic. Check the phase. I'm pretty sure the bottom snare mic is out of phase with the top mic.

The vocal sounds great. You gave it some depth while being dry. There are some spots where it pops out. Like the first line of the verse. With the sound you've got on it I'd go with automation over compression to keep the vocal quality intact.

The biggest issue is the guitars. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that the "mic 3" of the guitars being out of phase with mics 1 and 2. Also, during the solo there's a lot of low end wash. I thought it might be reverb but I think it might be related to that 3rd mic. It has a lot energy in the 100hz region.

Overall it's a nice sound. It's restrained but sounds good overall. I think once the guitars get sorted it'll be a solid mix.

Thank you very much for your concepts, guys. I will try to correct the guitars and give a touch more to the snare.
Wait for version 2 of the mix.
2º attemp ready , hope you like.

Any input??

Sergio

.mp3    Temporary Happiness2º.mp3 --  (Download: 11.52 MB)

Listening to mix 2,
The low frequencies of the toms jumping out and the tambourine sounds louder than the rest of the instruments in the mix.
Vocals sound great a touch more de-easing .