Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Finished (or near finished) Mix/Master
Hey here's my go at the Forkupines' song! Really liked it so I thought I'd give it a go. First time post/mix on here!

.mp3    SBTFBIW Final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

I just kinda fumble around until it turns into something XD
Sounds pretty good. I'd say the L/R guitars are a little too big. At least in the verses. They'd benefit from a little low end cut to make them more supportive of the vocal and less of the focus to the listener and it'd make more room for the drums. It'd also make the contrast with the chorus more obvious and give more power to the chorus. In the chorus they're ok. Maybe they could benefit from a low mid cut to open them up a bit. It's a relatively minor critique though.

Overall it sounds nice. Good job.
(01-12-2016, 02:24 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds pretty good. I'd say the L/R guitars are a little too big. At least in the verses. They'd benefit from a little low end cut to make them more supportive of the vocal and less of the focus to the listener and it'd make more room for the drums. It'd also make the contrast with the chorus more obvious and give more power to the chorus. In the chorus they're ok. Maybe they could benefit from a low mid cut to open them up a bit. It's a relatively minor critique though.

Overall it sounds nice. Good job.

Yes, I was going to automate those guitars but I guess I got distracted by other things haha. I do remember I felt like the verse and chorus needed more contrast. But I felt like the guitars were part of the main parts of the song, and felt like it had a mix of All American Rejects and something heavier like idk Three Days Grace (I have the sound in my head just can't think/remember what it sounds like haha). The sound I heard was the vocals tucked underneath the guitars and wasn't too upfront. I'm feeling like the snare needs just a tiny bit less body, it's interfering with the guitars and low mid part of the bass. Thank you for your critiques though!! And reminding me of the contrast!! Haha
I just kinda fumble around until it turns into something XD