Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bounty mixed by Mange
08-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Bounty mixed by Mange
Finally got some time finishing this track I started on a while back. A lot of editing was made to mask some lazy grid edits printed in the files. Tried some things new to me. Worth mentioning is the use of three sends to one reverb. All sends just pass through it´s own setting of delay wich act as predelay. After that all sends are bussed to the same reverb, a pretty short room reverb. With this approach I tried to place the lead vocals in front of the backing vocals wich was placed in front of the "musicians". Did it work?? You tell me. I say, nah, maybe Undecided

Others... I used VCC but not from the start. Just slapped it on when the mix was pretty much done. I know it´s said to be on from start but... not this time.
Used the FG-X for mastering.

I did shorten the track some but didn´t just fade it.

.mp3   Steven A Clark - Bounty [Mixed by Mange].mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

Check out and review my mixes here
Me at SoundCloud
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 01:14 AM by thedon.)
RE: Bounty mixed by Mange
Nice creative clear sounding mix

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

09-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Nice sounding mix,i like the vox sound you have here,tad loud maybe.
Nice and clean and open so good job
09-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Sounds great.

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
10-06-2013, 01:32 PM
thedon, takka360 and bmullen. Thanks for your input. I´ll check your mixes next.

Me at SoundCloud
10-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi mange,

this is a very clear sounding mix. Few things I noticed: The reverb on the snare is pretty obvious and (to me) a bit distracting. The vocals seem a touch too loud.

Nice idea with dropping the music! It took me by surprise and is very effective. The way you created the outro seems a bit long, while the final cut seems cool.

I used VCC aswell, but put it on right from the beginning. It screamed "Neve" to me, so Neve it got Wink I love the subtle effect it has.

Cheers
Artbass
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM
@Artbass: The snare... Hmm, didn't think about that before you mentioned it. I'll keep that in mind next time.
The outro... There was a time it almost got cut in half but I liked the different keyboard textures too much. Maybe such version would fit nicely as a 7 inch version... Oh, that time has passed.
Quite early in the mix I decided I would try removing the bass solo part, I never connected to it. I'm glad you liked what I did to it.

One quick note about that last last fade, if anybody is wondering. I only faded the dry signal of all keys leaving the wet reverb signal untouched while drums and bass guitar backed up the mantra chanting choirs.

Me at SoundCloud

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: