Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk Cow Blues mix
This is my first time doing a full mix of a song. I would appreciate any tips or critics, after all, that's how we move forward!

Cheers

.mp3    Milk Cow Blues MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

There's little to complain about. It sounds pretty good.
It needs a little more bass. Not a lot.
The guitar solo needs to come up. The "violin" solo is at a good level.
I suppose the vocal could come up a little in spots but it's not bad.

Overall it sounds fine. Good job.
(29-11-2016, 08:40 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: There's little to complain about. It sounds pretty good.
It needs a little more bass. Not a lot.
The guitar solo needs to come up. The "violin" solo is at a good level.
I suppose the vocal could come up a little in spots but it's not bad.

Overall it sounds fine. Good job.

Thanks! Both for the compliment and the critic.
I have mixed it on Beyerdinamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones, since I do not have a proper monitors that I could use for this. DT770 are a slightly bass heavy headphones to some people, so it could be that I do not see the bass as thin because of that, although I personally do not find them particularly bass heavy, just clear on the low end.
On the other hand, I agree that guitar solo should come up, did not notice that before.
Regarding the vocal, at first i made it louder, but the more i listened to it the more i got the feeling that it is eating up everything in the mix at that level, so i cut it just a bit.

Thanks again for the critic and advice, i appreciate it! Rolleyes

Cheers
I like it. Its clear. The doubling on the voice is a bit too much I think. I also agree that the bass could be slightly more present.
Good work but I think you could have narrowed the overheads quite a bit to present a more natural image of the kit. The way you have it kinda tears apart the drums all over the place. It's a cool effect but maybe not in that song. Just me though...

Cheers,
max/

PS: first time poster here. This forum is amazing! I would never have dare to find such a cool place ;-)