Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joker, Jacks, & Kings: 'Sea Of Leaves'
just ordered new studio monitors for my small space at home (gotta love Black Friday deals!), but this is just a quick practice mix done on my logitech computer speakers and referenced on a small bluetooth jambox in my garage. there some definite problems with the mix, but its fun to mix under challenging conditions sometimes. didn't turn out too bad overall. enjoy, and thanks for you feedback.

.mp3    Sea Of Leaves zakwaddle Mix.01.mp3 --  (Download: 4.46 MB)

It's not bad. It's a little low end heavy but I like the kick so I'd consider cutting some low mids/lows on the bass and bringing it back a little. The background vocals could come up. There's some distortion on the left that randomly shows up. I think it's on the guitar. It happens during the intro.

There's still a bunch of little things you could do to improve it overall but considering it's just a quick mix it mostly works.

Cheers
(26-11-2016, 11:55 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It's not bad. It's a little low end heavy but I like the kick so I'd consider cutting some low mids/lows on the bass and bringing it back a little. The background vocals could come up. There's some distortion on the left that randomly shows up. I think it's on the guitar. It happens during the intro.

There's still a bunch of little things you could do to improve it overall but considering it's just a quick mix it mostly works.

Cheers

thanks for the quick feedback! i plan on revisiting this mix in a week or two when my new monitors come in. it'll be a cool before and after of sorts.
you're probably totally right about the low end, on my current setup the best i can do is take an educated guess by referencing a bunch of commercial tracks (it's tough to make a 2-inch cone thump!).
But no excuses! I will make it better!
again, thank you very much for the listen!