Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines: Sleep By The Fire - JoshuaCove Mix
Hi yall!
This is a mix I did some time ago just before I started posting so I'll probably end up remixing from scratch if it's not up to par - I'd rather start over than tamper with a delicate balance of a finished mix.

As always any and all feedback is welcomed and NEEDED!

Thanks
Josh

.mp3    Forkupines - Sleep by Fire JC Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Hi Joshua,

You have a fairly decent sound here. The drums are pretty good though the snare might be a bit too heavy outside of the choruses. The transition from the intro to the verse is a bit strange as it sounds like the vocals get darker and the whole mood of the song changes. The main criticism I have is that I feel that the guitars are too subdued. You have a nice punchy drum sound, a decent bass tone and clear vocals but there is no power in the guitars. I think that if you added some aggression to these and a little more volume to these, you'd have a very good overall mix!

Also be careful of your vocal delays. The timings don't sound perfect to me and are a little distracting. Also try filtering your delays (trimming both highs and lows) so that they don't clash with your main vocal line.

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers
-Vinay
Mostly sounding good only thing I can really think of is the low end of the drums are a bit wily and the delay on the vocals is a bit distracting at times perhaps try turning the send down a bit?