Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood to Bone mix atempt
Hello Smile

I gave it a try :p

Let me know what you think !

.mp3    blood to bone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.97 MB)

Mixing with a dt770 for now..
Hi Jimdolorian,

Balances are pretty good here. The main issue for me is the mix is sounding too narrow and lacking some stereo spread. I think it would help to perhaps have the 2 main guitar parts play off against other in the left and right channels. This will give the vocals some extra space in the centre for the vocals also. Worth a try I reckon.Big Grin

Dave
Hey !

Thanks for listening Smile.

I agree i should go back to it to check the guitar panning and maybe add some automation :p

I agree with Dave. There could be some more stereo separation. The guitars feel a little loud and has some phase issues. I'm guessing there's multiple guitar mics panned differently from each other and this is making the image of the guitars indistinct.

The bass sounds nice and could probably come up a hair. Though, maybe bringing down the main guitar a little would even it out.
Thanks for listening Smile !

(26-11-2016, 02:25 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: The guitars feel a little loud and has some phase issues. I'm guessing there's multiple guitar mics panned differently from each other and this is making the image of the guitars indistinct.

I definitely need to rework the guitars !