Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrophy Mix
Well here is my take on this song.
Hope I did enough justice for it.
It has a nice warmth but feels very static. Especially when the chorus comes in it should get louder but may actually feel a little quieter than the verse. I think the cymbals could come up to punctuate the chorus more.

It sounds like there's a hole in the middle of the mix. Only the kick and snare feel centered and don't really anchor the middle of the image. Even the vocal feels like it's more ghostly in the center of the song. Which is cool as an effect but I'm having trouble focusing on it. This song has a number of elements that keep it wide (like the tom fill etc.) and I think it could be served better by having something, such as the bass, really strong in that center point.

The bridge is nice. I like the panned vocal.

(21-11-2016, 02:57 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It has a nice warmth but feels very static. Especially when the chorus comes in it should get louder but may actually feel a little quieter than the verse. I think the cymbals could come up to punctuate the chorus more.

It sounds like there's a hole in the middle of the mix. Only the kick and snare feel centered and don't really anchor the middle of the image. Even the vocal feels like it's more ghostly in the center of the song. Which is cool as an effect but I'm having trouble focusing on it. This song has a number of elements that keep it wide (like the tom fill etc.) and I think it could be served better by having something, such as the bass, really strong in that center point.

The bridge is nice. I like the panned vocal.

Thanks for the feedback.
I was looking for a wide soft bass.. So I used a lil bit of the spreader but I might have overworked the reverb I put on the bass. Let me try without the spreader and see how that works but I intentionally made the bass wide and fat for the purposes of space. I wanted a big wall of bass in the background and I think I achieved that but you are right.. Snare and kick sound lonely. Will get back to it and upload a revision with the bass corrected.

As for the chorus I like how the lead vocals sort of back up a lil in comparison with the verse.. But I definitely will automate those cymbals and instruments to create a better explotion.

Saludos Smile