Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The best " One Minute Smile" :D
I love This Band!

.mp3    One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

Reaper 6 , Focal Alpha 65 , my knowledge

Contact me :
[email protected]
Hearing your mix on my phone (mono speaker)
And the kick is missing and snare is weak and this is bad because in mono kick and snare are very present along with vocals.
I can also hear a ringing freq. On the snare that needs to be tamed.

Will come back later to give you feedback on the rest of the mix.
(15-11-2016, 09:11 PM)Shul Wrote: Hearing your mix on my phone (mono speaker)
And the kick is missing and snare is weak and this is bad because in mono kick and snare are very present along with vocals.
I can also hear a ringing freq. On the snare that needs to be tamed.

Will come back later to give you feedback on the rest of the mix.

how can you rate and comment if you listened to the song from the phone speaker?!
Please you go to make the sound engineer in Burundi.
you are right about the snare. you can complain here https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-2/ .
now you make me feel your mix!

Contact me :
[email protected]
He's right though. At least as far as the kick. It's really buried. The snare is ok. The whole mix is missing a lot of low end and is very midrangy.

Listen to Shul. He's just giving feedback to make the mix better.
Sorry if I have offended you.
Here is my mix, feel free to critic it and be as honest as you can.
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=13574

Having said that I wanna tell you I Am gonna comeback and give you more feedback with studio monitors as well as studio headphones.

And so far there is only two ratings on your mix.. One that gave you 5 stars which quiet frankly is not.. And mine for 1* to compensate for that bad rating of 5*. Get one more rating of 5 and your overall will go to 4.. If you get two more of 5 your overall will be 5*s again. I can also change my rating later on.

More importantly you should keep a possitive attitude when posting a mix for reviewing.

(15-11-2016, 10:15 PM)Shul Wrote: Sorry if I have offended you.
Here is my mix, feel free to critic it and be as honest as you can.
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=13574

Having said that I wanna tell you I Am gonna comeback and give you more feedback with studio monitors as well as studio headphones.

And so far there is only two ratings on your mix.. One that gave you 5 stars which quiet frankly is not.. And mine for 1* to compensate for that bad rating of 5*. Get one more rating of 5 and your overall will go to 4.. If you get two more of 5 your overall will be 5*s again. I can also change my rating later on.

More importantly you should keep a possitive attitude when posting a mix for reviewing.
ok,good listening

Contact me :
[email protected]
Here is a more elaborated Comment though my rating is still the same as I feel your mix at this point is still 3*(ok mix)

*Kick has no click. It sounds like you took the trigger sound that came with the files and you just boosted the low end on that. I would suggest you use EZdrummer to get a good kick sample.

*The snare is badly placed in the mix. Either the volume of the sample is messed up or it just simply doesn't exist in the begining (that's why in my mono speaker there was absolutely no presence)
Take a listen on the beginning at 0:00 the snare you hear is the recorded one i believe. (this is the one with the ringing freq. you have to cut off) and after listening to that for 5 seconds quickly change to the minute 1:00 ... at 1 you can NOW hear the snare sample you used from EZdrummer.

*I agree with RoyMathews that the mix is midrange full and lacks a bit punch on the low end. I believe you should boost the Rhythm guitars and cut off some midrange frequencies to get rid of some mids in the overal sound.

*Vocals are very good sounding here. Right now they sound a lil above everything else in the mix but once you fix the kick and boost the rhythm guitars your vocals will be seating better.

*Lead guitars need more volume to make the melody more exciting. Also they are sounding too midrange and this is summing up with the midrange of the rhythm guitars and all of this is making that full midrange sound in the overal mix.
Keep it up

Note: When anyone says your mids are too much they mean there is not enough clarity in the mix. Look for clarity next time you open this project.

Just my humble opinion.
Good feedback Shul , its not an easy mix to do
(16-11-2016, 12:29 AM)Shul Wrote: Here is a more elaborated Comment though my rating is still the same as I feel your mix at this point is still 3*(ok mix)

*Kick has no click. It sounds like you took the trigger sound that came with the files and you just boosted the low end on that. I would suggest you use EZdrummer to get a good kick sample.

*The snare is badly placed in the mix. Either the volume of the sample is messed up or it just simply doesn't exist in the begining (that's why in my mono speaker there was absolutely no presence)
Take a listen on the beginning at 0:00 the snare you hear is the recorded one i believe. (this is the one with the ringing freq. you have to cut off) and after listening to that for 5 seconds quickly change to the minute 1:00 ... at 1 you can NOW hear the snare sample you used from EZdrummer.

*I agree with RoyMathews that the mix is midrange full and lacks a bit punch on the low end. I believe you should boost the Rhythm guitars and cut off some midrange frequencies to get rid of some mids in the overal sound.

*Vocals are very good sounding here. Right now they sound a lil above everything else in the mix but once you fix the kick and boost the rhythm guitars your vocals will be seating better.

*Lead guitars need more volume to make the melody more exciting. Also they are sounding too midrange and this is summing up with the midrange of the rhythm guitars and all of this is making that full midrange sound in the overal mix.
Keep it up

Note: When anyone says your mids are too much they mean there is not enough clarity in the mix. Look for clarity next time you open this project.

Just my humble opinion.

OK perfect. I put my mix on this site for a while and unfortunately it often happens that they are not numbered. I wanted to get myself noticed with the title and taking fun of you! sorry !
surely my mix is 2 stars but I do not care because I do not want a few stars but opinions! now :

-it is true: the kick is scarcely present. I was afraid it was too intrusive. I was wrong

- I like the snare. I edited the velocity anywhere. at the beginning I wanted to give the feeling of a soft touch. obviously feel that. It is perhaps too soft?

-the sound in general: when I mix I always try cleaning the sound . i try to remove some low frequencies that create resonance and make notch EQ in the high frequencies (as in the distorted guitars) to avoid "the effect mosquito." therefore as you said are outstanding mid frequencies. i was wrong Big Grin

- the volume of the guitars was a choice, and honestly I like the ones that make the melody no visual

- thanks for the comment on the voice.I like the stereo I could give him. but I think that sound too nasal... no?

in general I cut too often for fear that the mix came out too closed. i was wrong! AGAIN Big Grin

In conclusion:
I will not reopen the project for two reasons:
1)in Italian it says "mi scasso la minchia" (I break the balls) that I am bored.
2)I like to leave the project with these errors because often when I go through my old projects I like to listen to mistakes and see the progress! : D

Ciao belli!

ps
sorry for my horrible english but it s a fusion between my shit old school english and google translate (has more about google translate ) Big Grin

Contact me :
[email protected]
No problem. The only way to get noticed and to receive feedback like you want is to give feedback on other people's mixes.
Eventually if most of your mixes are good people will stop by and comment on it. It also trains your listening skills. Trust me, you learn a lot when analyzing a mix than when you are actually mixing it yourself.

I understand why you don't want to open the project again and it's a good thing.
I personally would try and mix this again after getting more experience and then compare this new mix with your old mix and you can see better how well you have gotten.

Don't worry about the translation. I'm sure people here do the best to understand what you are trying to say.
Take care and keep mixing!