Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
M.E.R.C. Music: 'Knockout'
Hi. This is how i hear it. Please give me some feedback.

.mp3    Merc Music–Knockout.mp3 --  (Download: 9.95 MB)

Did some adjustments.
Sounds good. This isn't something I normally listen too so take my opinions with a gain of salt.

I think the Hook vocals could come back into the mix a little. They feel a little separated from the track. The cymbal (high hat?) on the right distracts from the hook. I think it's in the same range as the vocal on that side.

The Rap sections feel fine. The snare my get in the way at the top of the second rap section. I'd consider moving it back a little.

The bridge section could use a little more excitement. I know when I did a mix of this I had a hard time making that section sound interesting. There isn't too much to work with there.

The ad lib vocals at the end might be loud and a little boxy.

Overall it sounds very good. I'm just being picky. Nothing I mentioned ruin the mix at all.
(15-11-2016, 02:48 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. This isn't something I normally listen too so take my opinions with a gain of salt.

I think the Hook vocals could come back into the mix a little. They feel a little separated from the track. The cymbal (high hat?) on the right distracts from the hook. I think it's in the same range as the vocal on that side.

The Rap sections feel fine. The snare my get in the way at the top of the second rap section. I'd consider moving it back a little.

The bridge section could use a little more excitement. I know when I did a mix of this I had a hard time making that section sound interesting. There isn't too much to work with there.

The ad lib vocals at the end might be loud and a little boxy.

Overall it sounds very good. I'm just being picky. Nothing I mentioned ruin the mix at all.

Thanks Man. I appreciate you feedback. Glad to hear it sounds very good overall. Thank you.
And as Promised

*Your intro vocal is Too loud It threw the impact of the rest of the intro a bit. I was expecting a bigger explosion because of it.
*Vocals are too dry and lack excitement.
*There are synths in there that are very useful to create exciment in your mix. You can automate to create a better climax in the chorus. The transition from verse to chorous is kinda the same. Make better use of that explosion FX.
*Your "hey"s at 3:13 are very disconnected from the rest of the mix. too much volume or just plain dry.
*On the drumbeat at the end it sounds like it could have use a push of more reverb here and there. It sounds too dry.
*Last but not least overall you could have used more Subs on your mix. I'm talking 60 hz and below.

Your mix can get more life and excitement but you got a good base.
(06-12-2016, 01:49 AM)Shul Wrote: And as Promised

*Your intro vocal is Too loud It threw the impact of the rest of the intro a bit. I was expecting a bigger explosion because of it.
*Vocals are too dry and lack excitement.
*There are synths in there that are very useful to create exciment in your mix. You can automate to create a better climax in the chorus. The transition from verse to chorous is kinda the same. Make better use of that explosion FX.
*Your "hey"s at 3:13 are very disconnected from the rest of the mix. too much volume or just plain dry.
*On the drumbeat at the end it sounds like it could have use a push of more reverb here and there. It sounds too dry.
*Last but not least overall you could have used more Subs on your mix. I'm talking 60 hz and below.

Your mix can get more life and excitement but you got a good base.

Tnx Man.
Actualy drums are dry. No reverb no dly , just some early refl. I just liked how they sound by itself. Also no verb on other instrument )). It pretty dry mix.