Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from the band
Hi Everyone,

Great to hear all your different mixes and positive, encouraging vibe on this forum!

Having spent a long time on our own mix of this song, I am really enjoying the different perspectives I am hearing here.

I love that one of you mentioned Daniel Lanois, and I like the 'triggered delay' in the right channel of that mix. I really like his deliberately messy/direct response attitude to mixing. There are some great videos online of Lanois in mixing action with Black Dub and Neil Young.

Cheers,
Timo

.mp3    Just Don\'t Talk_mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

Interesting. I totally missed this song in the list of mutlitracks. I need to download it. It sounds like a fun one.

This is a nice mix and it suits song well. I can hear the Lanois influence.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the guitar on the right is a little piercing. It's a little loud too but I like that. That upper frequency is too much though.

One very minor nit pick is that I'd have panned the wind chimes part on the left opposite of the guitar. I may be overly picky about panning though.

Good job.
Hmm, the electric guitars have quite strong spike around 2.5k. Probably the same thing RoyMatthews mentioned. But they have a nice spring-type reverb. Good mix!
(11-02-2017, 11:15 PM)kapu Wrote: Hmm, the electric guitars have quite strong spike around 2.5k. Probably the same thing RoyMatthews mentioned. But they have a nice spring-type reverb. Good mix!

Thanks for listening!