Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post - My Fault for Waiting
Sticking my toes in the water here. I'm mainly getting back in the game and relearning the trade with Logic Pro. I've done a few of these mixes from "Mixing Secrets" but this one turned out particularly well (in my opinion).

Thanks,
--PK

.mp3    AtlantisBound_ItWasMyFaultForWaiting_PKMix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.64 MB)

Hello

though this is a darker approach to what I did.. I actually like the sound of it. Good job.
the only thing here for me is to maybe have more reverb on vocals and toms. And take a few resonating freq. on bass that's it.
Balances are good and eq is pretty much taste. I don't see anything dangerous here so you also did a good job here.

keep it up.
Thanks Shul.

Yea - the toms didn't seem to ring out as much I've heard in other mixes. And for the vocals - I'm generally a reverb heavy guy when it comes to vocals, but the vox on this session were pretty solid so I didn't want to do much to them. Plus, I'm trying to dry my mixes out a little (I've been told I use too much reverb. Heresy I know).

On this particular recording session - I really love the double tracking work they did. It's always nice to have options to bring the DT in and out.

Curious about what you mean on the bass - take out resonation? Add resonation? I'm always interested in ways to give bass a "boost" without just turning up the low end.

Thanks,
--PK
I meant take out some low end on the bass.. around the 100-200 hz ... just a bit... it could be bad too cause the guitars might sound thin if you do that. reason for that is because I think the kick low end conflicts a lil with the bass low end. it still sounds good though.