Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Spektakulatius, Wayfaring stranger
Recently joined the community. So a little late. But hoping someone will listen and give some comments.

Rob

.m4a    Spektakulatius, Wayfaring stranger 2.m4a --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

New version. Made some changes (always making changes, sometimes rendering up to 35 versions of a song). Bass ducking for Kick (sidechain reacomp).

.m4a    Spektakulatius, Wayfaring stranger 3.m4a --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

Something strange is going on in here. Some kind of phasing sound. If you could somehow get rid of it , it would start to sound like record.
Thanks for the comment! I think I hear the phase issue you mention.
I made a new rendering after I undid all my phase flipping. But also I un-gated the kick; sounds better to me now.

Rob

.m4a    Spektakulatius, Wayfaring stranger 4.m4a --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

A new version. Somewhat more depth en width (multiple reverbs, gating of kick and snare, stereoexpander on piano, much better correlation by change in panning).

Comments welcome!

Rob

.m4a    Spektakulatius, Wayfaring stranger 5.m4a --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

[quote='Rob Brand' pid='54733' dateline='1482099361']
A new version. Somewhat more depth en width (multiple reverbs, gating of kick and snare, stereoexpander on piano, much better correlation by change in panning).

Comments welcome!

Rob

[/ ]
Reverb seems to be a bit overcooked/obvious in my opinion making the cymbals/snare too fizzy and high ended(could be eq as well}.
Bass drum seems to be a tad too high and very resonant and also competing too much with bass kinda losing it sometimes , needs a bit of taming.

[quote='Rob Brand' pid='53221' dateline='1478897910']
Recently joined the community. So a little late. But hoping someone will listen and give some comments.

Rob
[/Your 1st Mix]

LIke this one the best but I seem to be hearing some distortion/satutration (too loud maybe clipping too much). You hear it at the end notes from the singer and the sax especially. Drums are just a tad too much in the background. Love the voice nice and open and clear.