Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13 - Colour Me Red
I hope I have not ruined it, would like some feedback if possible.

Bgor

.mp3    Diesel 13 - Colour me red_1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

I like that you dropped the intro. Good call.

The vocals are a little thin. The might be too low in the mix too but if they were thicker or bigger they might sit better.

The drums and bass feel fine.

I like the panning of the guitars but I think the acoustic on the right could have more body to balance with the electric on the left.

Certainly not a bad mix. There's no real problems besides maybe the vocal. I think it's subdued and could have some more energy. But that's all opinion and subjective.
Hi Roy,

thank you for listening and posting comments, much appreciated. I'll definitely see what I can do in mentioned areas.

with kind regards, Bgor
Hi, new attempt. I hope it is little better than my first one. Any comments or suggestion are welcome.

Bgor

.mp3    Diesel 13 - Colour me red_1.5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.64 MB)

The new mix sounds much smaller and compressed than the first version.

Roy, much appreciated. Will stick with the first one Smile
Nice! I think the overall instrumental sound could use slightly some good old disco smile eq. Some mix bus/master processing after resting your ears a few days perhaps? The mix is very intelligible and musical. Balance is just right and the feel is natural yet energetic. Or if you're happy with this, just leave it as it is now. ^_^
hi kapu

I'll definitely have to reset my ears before doing any changes. Good advice. Thank you, much appreciated.

with kind regards, bgor