Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel 13,Colour Me Red final2016 mix
(09-11-2016, 08:37 PM)RVMusic Wrote: Mix 2 sounds great, good dynamics! I think the snare is a bit bottom-y (too much sustain color). Love the treatment of the guitars, though, and the bass. Lead vocal a little dry. BGV's sound fantastic! Hard to hear definition on the kick, cymbals may be a bit bright, but overall great mix!!

Thanks very much for your comments I will look into those issues.
(08-11-2016, 10:37 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice work indeed Cudjoe!

Furthering on from Mixinthecloud's comments, although the balance does seem better in the 2nd mix, I do like the somewhat aggressive nature of the 1st version. Just sounds like mix 2 has been sitting on the stove a bit too long. That's in comparison to the 1st mix anyway. Just some thoughts, hope this helpsBig Grin

Cheers

Dave
Thanks for your comments Dave sorry it took so long i missed this comment

Good mix man... My only complain is the main Vox. It has an excess of 3k on the eq which makes some phrases harsh to the ear.
other than that it's sounding very nice.

Good job.
Hi Cudjoe,
Listen to Mix 3 ,Sounds really good, love the punch and smack of the snare maybe some parallel compression and touch more kick beater to compliment the snare in the upper frequencies, maybe the bass guitar level could come down a touch as sounds like it is overpowering the mix in the low frequencies especially around 80hz and below and adding some more upper harmonics to cut through a touch more and translate on small monitors and computer speakers, the vocals sound good but a touch week not sure sound a touch squashed with compression ? as a personal taste thing the low frequencies on the reverb sound a little full.
Just some thoughts while listening.
Well Done.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(24-11-2016, 11:03 PM)Shul Wrote: Good mix man... My only complain is the main Vox. It has an excess of 3k on the eq which makes some phrases harsh to the ear.
other than that it's sounding very nice.

Good job.
Thanks very Shul for your comments.

(25-11-2016, 07:06 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe,
Listen to Mix 3 ,Sounds really good, love the punch and smack of the snare maybe some parallel compression and touch more kick beater to compliment the snare in the upper frequencies, maybe the bass guitar level could come down a touch as sounds like it is overpowering the mix in the low frequencies especially around 80hz and below and adding some more upper harmonics to cut through a touch more and translate on small monitors and computer speakers, the vocals sound good but a touch week not sure sound a touch squashed with compression ? as a personal taste thing the low frequencies on the reverb sound a little full.
Just some thoughts while listening.
Well Done.
Thanks Don for your detailed review, i have made some adjustments based on you and shul reviews.

Mix 4 is on the money. Good job.
(26-11-2016, 01:27 AM)Shul Wrote: Mix 4 is on the money. Good job.
BIG thanks Shul glad you like it.

Final 2016 mix