Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel 13,Colour Me Red final2016 mix
Some fantastic mixes on this track thanks to the band and Mike Senior for the stems,this is my mix.

.mp3    Diesel 13 ,Colour Me Red, mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.67 MB)

.mp3    Diesel 13 ,Colour Me Red, mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

.mp3    Diesel 13 ,Colour Me Red, mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

.mp3    Diesel 13 ,Colour Me Red, mix4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.61 MB)

.mp3    Diesel 13 ,Colour Me Red final 2016 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

A couple things pop out to me in this mix. First is the vocal which gets a bit strident in the first verse. The other is how soft the corners are on this mix. Not sure how to describe that any better.
Despite those observations, it is a very cool mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: A couple things pop out to me in this mix. First is the vocal which gets a bit strident in the first verse. The other is how soft the corners are on this mix. Not sure how to describe that any better.
Despite those observations, it is a very cool mix.

Thanks Mixinthecloud very interesting comment indeed, it was my intentions to get that (rounded corner mix) I do agree about the vocal,it shall be done in my next mix, cheers.
Ok mix1 wasn,t up to scatch so here is mix2.
Great mix Cudjoe. Your vision on the mix its different from many of the ones here. I hear it leaning more to the acoustic side due to the predominance of the acoustic guitars. Nice punch in the snare. I am missing some of the bass but may be a creative decision. Did you noticed the resonance in the upper harmonics of the vocal track? That was a tough one to tame.
Cheers
Great stuff!!
Nice work indeed Cudjoe!

Furthering on from Mixinthecloud's comments, although the balance does seem better in the 2nd mix, I do like the somewhat aggressive nature of the 1st version. Just sounds like mix 2 has been sitting on the stove a bit too long. That's in comparison to the 1st mix anyway. Just some thoughts, hope this helpsBig Grin

Cheers

Dave
(08-11-2016, 07:47 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Great mix Cudjoe. Your vision on the mix its different from many of the ones here. I hear it leaning more to the acoustic side due to the predominance of the acoustic guitars. Nice punch in the snare. I am missing some of the bass but may be a creative decision. Did you noticed the resonance in the upper harmonics of the vocal track? That was a tough one to tame.
Cheers
Hi Javierpg84 thanks for your comments I always try to get a slightly different sound from my mixes and iam so glad you have noticed, and yes that resonance on the vocal was a slight problem,thanks again.
(08-11-2016, 09:30 PM)idearden Wrote: Great stuff!!

Thank you very much.
Mix 2 sounds great, good dynamics! I think the snare is a bit bottom-y (too much sustain color). Love the treatment of the guitars, though, and the bass. Lead vocal a little dry. BGV's sound fantastic! Hard to hear definition on the kick, cymbals may be a bit bright, but overall great mix!!