Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KlangBild-Mix of 'Nos Palpitants'
Hi all,
here is my mix of 'Nos Palpitants'.
Please commend this!.

Thanks,
Martin

.mp3    Nos Palpitants.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

Hi Martin !

Wow... impressive ! First listen feels good.
If i may point out a few details :
One thing that jumps to my ears is that pedalsteel guitar, which is a bit too loud, or maybe to aggressive. Could be a little more sweet, and maybe more "behind" in terms of depth image...
Acoustics are great, maybe a little too present too, compared to the drums. They almost "eat" the snare with their attack, even if they are well controlled in dynamic. I think it's just a matter of level. It's obvious when listening really low.
The kick could benefit from more impact. It's a little lost in the mix.
Snare too could be a little more "in your face", but it's not a problem as the kick is.

Beautiful job on the electric guitars.
Also on the lead vocals, which are really tricky Wink

Did you add any extra instruments ? I mastered the CD and know this song by heart, and i didn't remember of such an ambiance... if not, then really good job !

Maybe it's a little too compressed on the master bus too, but it's a matter of taste.

Good job Martin !

Cheers.
Hi,

Good job!

I personally would like more drums, well at least kick and snare. Maybe some more distance on the guitars.

Matter of taste, well done sir!

I´m working on my version of this song, hope to be finished soon. Smile

Cheers!
/Marcus
Hi Xabix,
no, I don´t add any extra instruments in the song, only the tracks that were recorded
I think you mean the one of the acoustic guitar. I put on this track a lot of reverb. One "ValhallaRoom" (Reverb mode "Sulaco") as insert with 20% mix, 90 ms predelay and 2.7s. And a second reverb as send "ValhallaRoom" (Reverb mode "LV-426"), Preset "BigHall" 10 ms predelay and 5.8 s.

Many greetings,
Martin

.mp3    Nos Palpitants A-Git.mp3 --  (Download: 852.94 KB)

Hi Marcus,
thanks a lot for your comment!
I´ll mix the snare and the kick a bit louder.

Greetings,
Martin

Hi Martin.

Very interesting for the community that you put a sample file of the acoustic guitars and verb.
Nice !

Greeting.
(07-06-2013, 07:02 AM)Xabix Wrote: Very interesting for the community that you put a sample file of the acoustic guitars and verb.
Nice !

+1 -- that's a great idea that we could all use more I reckon. Really helpful.
hi,
ok here is my second draft of the song - with a little polish here and there...

Thanks,
Martin

.mp3    Nos Palpitants 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)