Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm track!!!
04-06-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm track!!!
My 2Mix ListenBig Grin

.mp3   Steven_A_Clark.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: I'm track!!!
Hi beatjunkyyy,

nice job. I like how the roomy intro moves into a dry(er) verse (you could take that probably farther!).

I don't spot any obvious problems here, but for my taste your mix could need a bit more beef in the lower to mid midrange.

Cheers
Artbass

P.S.: Please, can anybody explain to me why so many of you cut the outro? The bass gets realy gorgeous there Huh
05-06-2013, 09:07 AM
hey there Smile i liked how you approached the song... but i have to agree that is missing some lows at least for the genre. And found that the vocal and the harmonies don't seem to mix together with the lead.
07-06-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm try one more.

low...Sad
bass volvme?Huh

thinkin'Confused
07-06-2013, 05:40 AM
(07-06-2013 03:08 AM)beatjunkyyy Wrote:  I'm try one more.

low...Sad
bass volvme?Huh

thinkin'Confused
Guess you could try to boost the bass with a eq on the mix buss.... but that is taking the lazy way XD... but who knows it may work (?)
07-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes, try to boos the bass or the low mids with eq on your master track. But do that to find which frequency area seems to offer the most promising "beef". Then go and find the instruments that sit in this area and work on them.
07-06-2013, 05:51 PM
The vox are a bit loudand harsh for me and the low mids are lacking a bit
leaving a bit of a hole.
07-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi there !

Well... i agree with Artbass and Takka about the low mids.. maybe the problem that you might not see comes from your listening room ? ... don't know... just guessing...
Your mix is very well balanced, beautiful overall dynamic..
I might have pushed the lead vocal 1 dB up, but it's really a matter of taste... and also prefer them dryer, but this too is only taste. Your choice is good if it fits with what you got in your head.

Beautiful job with the BV ! clear and polished .... maybe they go out to fast... like the all song... your fade out is a little abrupt, let the radio do that for you Wink

Well done anyway, that's one of my top 3 with this song !

Congrat's

Cheers from France

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: