Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knockout Mix - Please Comment!
Hello!

This is the first mix I have posted. Please comment and critique. No advice is bad advice.

Thank You,
Tonya Hentz

.mp3    Knockout.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

(01-11-2016, 05:49 PM)Tonya Hentz Wrote: Hello!

This is the first mix I have posted. Please comment and critique. No advice is bad advice.

Thank You,
Tonya Hentz

Sounds good to me! Smile

Andre Batten
(01-11-2016, 05:49 PM)Tonya Hentz Wrote: This is the first mix I have posted. Please comment and critique. No advice is bad advice.
Thank You,
Tonya Hentz

Welcome!

First, I haven't taken a look at the multitracks ... so the comments below might be a bit off :-)

But ... first thing I'd take a look at on the mix are the low-mids (150-300Hz). Very hard to get hip-hop with the fat bass sound, without things getting muddy. The reality is that you'll need to hit the low end with a compressor separately. Additionally, a lot of the impression of "big base" actually comes from the transients up around 1KHz-2KHz (which can be created with saturation if they're not in the original sources).

One other point: The vocals are normally more "in your face" (typically some distortion, and boosting around 5K does that), with a multiband compressor or de-esser to follow in order to tame the highs. An L2 or similar can also work.

As others have said, your mix is on the right track.

Hope those comments are helpful! Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42