Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix - Burning Bridges
This is my try, it was pretty hard dealing with this track. I would appreciate your feedback! Smile

.mp3    master3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

.mp3    Burning Bridges mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.49 MB)

Low end is wobbling and bobbling like crazy. Guitars sound overly distorted and just wrong. There is too much compression on the stereo bus, the snare is barely audible, just like the rest of the kit. cymbals are almost completely gone.

If you had a hard time mixing this then its because you are doing way, way, way too much. you can mix this song with automation, high/low cuts and a little bit of top down mixing and it will sound awesome. or you can totally go crazy with eq and compression and end up with a overprocessed mix like this Smile

less is more for this song, just try to get the basics right and everything will magically fall into place. don't overthink, over-eq and overcompress everything.
Thanks for the reply! I am still new to the whole mixing/mastering stuff and metal seems to be my hardest obstacle Smile I wil try to get this right and then reupload it! Big Grin
I tried again and "Burning Bridges mp3" is the result. My main reference was Rose of Sharyn (KSE).
I still hear no cymbals at all Smile
Something like this, or too much?

.mp3    Burning Bridges2 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.49 MB)

No, they are still not where they need to be. if you use rose of sharyn (good ref mix btw) as a reference, just compare the cymbals with your mix and it should be obvious that the cymbals in your mix need to come up by 3-6 db.

Or maybe there is something wrong with your monitors?