Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13 - Colour Me Red
Thanks for listening and feedback is appreciated.

No processing on master bus, left room for Mastering.
Before conversion the meters peaked at -0.3 dBFS....

Latest version 12 Re-arranged the whole mix went for a Guitar/Base drive rather than the drums. See what you guys think.

.mp3    Diesel13 - Colour Me Red.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red_Diesel13_V3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

.m4a    Colour Me Red_Diesel13_V12.m4a --  (Download: 6.63 MB)

Thanks for feedback. The snare could be more powerful. Maybe readjust the levels and/or experiment with the phasing on drums? Initially I thought the mix sounds a bit too sparse, but after a while I started to like it, and it feels right. If you ask me, you could apply some sort of compression and limiting on the master for overall glue and energy. ^_^
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a go.
uploaded V3.
reworked the levels slightly Smile
Maybe too much Big Grin
The master-bus is pumping MUCH too much - rethink your master buss / mastering chain!
Me thinks there be too much compression on the mastering which is mostly evident in the cymbals. Other wise, this is excellent.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-11-2016, 12:16 AM)kapu Wrote: Thanks for feedback. The snare could be more powerful. Maybe readjust the levels and/or experiment with the phasing on drums? Initially I thought the mix sounds a bit too sparse, but after a while I started to like it, and it feels right. If you ask me, you could apply some sort of compression and limiting on the master for overall glue and energy. ^_^

Thanks guys for listening, and your comments duly noted. I will make some changes and re-post when I get a bit more time.
My previous reply was meant for everyone who listened and your comments.
I'm still getting used to using the replies Smile
Sounds good I like it ,a touch more body on the snare would sound great.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Second mix is much better. Excellent job.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]