Poll: do you like potatoes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
0%
0 0%
of course
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick mix + master
spent about two to two and a half hours mixing and mastering in lpx on my potato mini! Apple Software

new in the routine was the CA-2A and I ADORE IT! THIS THING JUST KILLS! but it sucks as a limiter. i tried to avoid eq and hocus pocus wherever possible to keep the song tight, big and true. keep in mind this is a hasty quick master.

48 tracks woah! i muted around 10 tracks and the sound was much more defined. less is more most of the times!

really nice band, had a chat with them a while back! drop them a like on fb or something!

.mp3    LeadInc_InnerCircle_Master 2.logicx.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

(28-10-2016, 07:39 PM)Mantra Wrote: spent about two to two and a half hours mixing and mastering in lpx on my potato mini! Apple Software

Overheads are good. Vocals, some bold decisions on FX there. Aspects could work, but perhaps a bit tamer. There's a start to a good mix here.

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Hi Mantra,
thanks for your kind words!
I love productive creativity and that's the right word to describe your usage of vocal fx. Great job!
The snare snaps a lot, love that. you managed to get a lot of punch out of it while maintaining the room. Everything is well defined and in place.

The only thing I might say is that your mix is a little crushed. Yes, that was a quick master, but if you really want to get the juice out of your mix you could step it down a little and let it breath a little more. Smile

Cheers,
Till // LEAD Inc.
touched the master up a bit! didnt change much.

(01-11-2016, 08:01 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hi Mantra,
thanks for your kind words!
I love productive creativity and that's the right word to describe your usage of vocal fx. Great job!
The snare snaps a lot, love that. you managed to get a lot of punch out of it while maintaining the room. Everything is well defined and in place.

The only thing I might say is that your mix is a little crushed. Yes, that was a quick master, but if you really want to get the juice out of your mix you could step it down a little and let it breath a little more. Smile

Cheers,
Till // LEAD Inc.

Hey! Danke für eure Arbeit und die detaillierte Doku!

Thanks for the kind words! And thanks for setting me straight - i started to doubt my urge to smash the mix while mastering. not even a fan of loudness wars, but i'm kinda in a phase where i try to push it to the limit!
(31-10-2016, 04:22 AM)jeffd42 Wrote: Overheads are good. Vocals, some bold decisions on FX there. Aspects could work, but perhaps a bit tamer. There's a start to a good mix here.

Cheers, Jeff
thanks for the very constructive feedback!

about the loads of delay: i'm a total delay junkie but i'm honest, no idea what else to put on vocals except delay (izotope ddly ftw!!), bit of short reverb and the occasional leslie for the trippy stuff. not fond of chorus, flanger, doubler fx... yet?

thanks for the comment on snare and drums in general! i'm in a breakthrough phase concerning drum mixes, kinda found my style!

already stoked on new stuff coming from you guys! Ein lieber Gruss an die Band!

.mp3    LeadInc_InnerCircle_Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)