Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet: 'All The Gin Is Gone'
Here's my mix

.mp3    Master AllTheGinIsGone v2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

Listening with headphones, it's a nice spacious sounding mix and ambience. The reverb thats attached to the brass section is a little strong for my liking. I like the delayed effect but maybe just not as strong. This is subjective though.Smile I'm also hearing a clicking sound in the left ear which is sounds a little detached from the mix. I'm guessing it's coming from the drum overheads.

Anyway nice mix, well done

Dave

(26-10-2016, 11:20 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Listening with headphones, it's a nice spacious sounding mix and ambience. The reverb thats attached to the brass section is a little strong for my liking. I like the delayed effect but maybe just not as strong. This is subjective though.Smile I'm also hearing a clicking sound in the left ear which is sounds a little detached from the mix. I'm guessing it's coming from the drum overheads.

Dave

Thank you for listening
Yes I struggled with the cymbals. Tried to blend them with the hi hat but finaly I pulled down the hi hat a bit and softened the cymbals
I'll look into the reverb on the horns
(26-10-2016, 12:59 PM)Stereo Sonic Wrote:
(26-10-2016, 11:20 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Listening with headphones, it's a nice spacious sounding mix and ambience. The reverb thats attached to the brass section is a little strong for my liking. I like the delayed effect but maybe just not as strong. This is subjective though.Smile I'm also hearing a clicking sound in the left ear which is sounds a little detached from the mix. I'm guessing it's coming from the drum overheads.

Dave

Thank you for listening
Yes I struggled with the cymbals. Tried to blend them with the hi hat but finaly I pulled down the hi hat a bit and softened the cymbals
I'll look into the reverb on the horns

Here's a new mix. I changed the reverb and narrowed down the oh. And raised the hihat plus changed the hihat eq
I think it's better

.mp3    Master AllTheGinIsGone v2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)