Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix Contest: 'Colour Me Red' (Cambridge-MT Patrons)
(05-12-2016, 01:10 AM)Faders_up Wrote: I was Googling "Patron" from the subject section and kept coming up with tequila

A wise monthly investment if ever there was one. To be honest, I'm not sure anything I can offer can compete with that... Smile

Quote:I'm now an official member.

Thanks for the support -- and you're just under the wire, because I'm just now sending out all the mixes to Diesel for his verdict. Had a quick listen to your version too, and it sounded pretty cool: tight and exciting, which is always good, and the balance seems pretty well-judged throughout. Nice clear vocal sound as well. Should be in with a good chance, I'd have thought.

(05-12-2016, 12:31 AM)jtbStudio Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 09:07 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: I've not been too pernickety about the exact closure date

I think the man deserves a prize of his own for using the word "pernickety" Big Grin

Yes, maybe that was a bit over the top. Finical? Fussbudgety? So many words I'd love to see Rowan Atkinson pronounce, so little time... Smile

Great podcast with the tips for this song Mike.. good stuff!
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(30-12-2016, 07:46 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Great podcast with the tips for this song Mike.. good stuff!

Glad you liked it! Smile Thanks for getting involved and helping to build such a great educational resource!
Bravo Dangerous Dave!
That's what I meant when I said "I hate you ;-)"... I had a very good feeling about your mix :-).
Also bravo to everyone who took part, and thanks again to Mike for organising this.
I'm hoping the next one will be a 19-minute ambient black metal soundscape à la Paysage d'Hiver, where I'll be more in my comfort zone ;-).
All the best for a musical 2017!
Graham, IRONWORK, Switzerland.
(31-12-2016, 01:44 PM)IRONWORK Wrote: I'm hoping the next one will be a 19-minute ambient black metal soundscape à la Paysage d'Hiver, where I'll be more in my comfort zone ;-).

Hah! I think I'd have to get a different judge, though, as I reckon that'd probably then be outside my comfort zone! Big Grin

Thanks for getting involved IRONWORK -- as I'd hoped, the archive page has become a really good educational resource!

As some of you already know, the judges have now delivered their verdicts! All the winners and 'honorable mentions' can be found on my newly-minted archive page:

The 'Colour Me Red' Mix Contest (archive page)

The page includes full details of the original competition brief, with downloadable raw multitrack files (in case you also fancy trying your hand at a mix); all the first-draft mixes submitted to me for feedback (28 in total); my written critiques for all of those mixes (about 15,000 words in all), with links to any further related discussion; all the final contest mix submissions; and the artist's winner verdicts and general feedback. I've also just heard from Dangerous that he's willing to contribute the full Reaper project for his winning mix, so I'll be adding that as a download too in due course -- it should be particularly interesting because he says he used mostly bundled/freeware plug-ins.

Thanks again to everyone for getting involved and helping me create this great learning resource!

Mike S.
Congratulations to the winners and runners up.You certainly put some work in here Mike and very well done too I might add.
Mike,
Thank you so much for a great contest and wishing you and everyone who participates here a very happy new year.

Congrats to the winners. Lots to learn from your great entries.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for kind words! Smile