Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C U Next Time Mixed by Dcp Redux
So the last time I uploaded a mix for this track, the forum had a bit of a mini meltdown over compression and loudness due to a certain mix on here. Now that the dust has well cleared I've remixed it and here's a heads up, it's pretty compressed!

Cheers,
Dcp

.mp3    C U Next Time Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.45 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Nice! For me the mix seems to have some nasty resonance at around 3-4k. Overheads or main guitars? You could push it 4-5 LUFS louder without loosing the subtle dynamics of the arrangement, if you ask me. ^_^
(24-11-2016, 11:53 AM)kapu Wrote: Nice! For me the mix seems to have some nasty resonance at around 3-4k. Overheads or main guitars? You could push it 4-5 LUFS louder without loosing the subtle dynamics of the arrangement, if you ask me. ^_^

Thanks Kapu, listening back I can hear that 3 kHz resonance in the choruses, seems to be the cymbals and a dip at 4 kHz would probably help the guitars too. Not really wanting to push the mix any louder than it is now just to prevent any future flame wars from any "golden ears" on here. Angel

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6