Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet, All The Gin mix 3
Never really mix a 100% jazz track before so here goes,comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Maurizio Pagnutti sextet, All The Gin Is Gone, mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

.mp3    Maurizio Pagnutti sextet, All The Gin Is Gone, mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.71 MB)

Hi CudjoeSmile
I liked your wide drums, nice sounding piano. Well balanced mix!
For my taste a little less 50 Hz makes the mix more transparent for this kind of musicHuh
Nice mix! Soft and warm!! Maybe a little heavy on the sub freequencies.
Cheers!
Thanks guys and yes you guys are right,i tried to go for a really warm and soft mix,WAY TOO MUCH LOW END so i did a mix 2 with the adjustments made in the mastering process,all comments are welcome cheers.
Now it's cozy and smooth! Nice job!!
Nice balanced mix !
(25-10-2016, 06:20 AM)eclipseaudio Wrote: Nice balanced mix !
Thanks very much, got there in the end Smile.
Mix 2: I'm having an issue with the hi-hat and the placement of the horns. Maybe too crisp on the hat and the horns a bit behind the rest of the ensemble. The comping piano during the instrumental solos is too hot for my liking and should be laid back to a comp level against the soloists. Other than that, this is excellent. The low end is good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(01-12-2016, 07:33 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mix 2: I'm having an issue with the hi-hat and the placement of the horns. Maybe too crisp on the hat and the horns a bit behind the rest of the ensemble. The comping piano during the instrumental solos is too hot for my liking and should be laid back to a comp level against the soloists. Other than that, this is excellent. The low end is good.

Sorry I took so long to reply I will look into this thanks again.
Mix 3 i tried to get more localisation of the instruments,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Maurizio Pagnautti Sextet mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)